New, energy efficient appliances can help you save on your energy bills, and the environment will thank you too.
Taking a shorter hot shower can make a big difference. Keep a timer in the shower and get in the habit of setting it. Unless of course it’s summer and you have a solar hot water system with the booster switched off.
The Australian Government is committed to developing programs and initiatives to support householders, industry and the community to save energy and reduce emissions. The Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency’s A-Z of Government initiatives provides a comprehensive listing of climate change and energy efficiency programs and initiatives, here are some of them:
- Low Carbon Communities
- Living Greener – household information and advice line
- Energy Savings Initiative
Jobs and Industry Assistance
- Carbon Farming Initiative
- Carbon Farming Initiative non-Kyoto carbon fund
- Indigenous Carbon Farming Fund
- Carbon Farming Skills
- Climate Change Grant Program
- Green Loans and Green Start Programs
- Home Insulation Safety Plan
- National Solar Schools
- Renewable Energy Target
- Smart Grid, Smart City
- Solar Cities
- Renewable Energy Bonus Scheme – Solar Hot Water Rebate
Rebates and assistance are provided by the Australian Government and most State and Territory governments. To find out what assistance may be available in your location visit the Living Greener website.
The Australian Government’s comprehensive plan for securing a Clean Energy Future . The plan will cut pollution and drive investment, helping to ensure Australia can compete and remain prosperous in the future.